This history of Fairmont, NC has taken four years to put together. I don't pretend that it is a complete account but it is a comprehensive one. In addition to the research required, many of the photographs presented here required significant work to get them viewable. Many are owned by people other than me and are restricted in their use by others. With this in mind, please observe the following rules for using this site. Accessing this web site beyond this point is deemed to be consenting to these terms of service.
- Do not copy any photo and display it on the internet or email it. All photos here are digitally watermarked by Digimarc, which searches the web for photos used without permission.
- Do not save a photo and try to print it out. It won't look good at all when you do. I will happily sell you one. Our prices are reasonable for 5x7 and 8x10 photos and I guarantee that they will look better than what you can steal and try to print yourself.
- Email me for permission to display one of our photos on your web site so as to keep our lawyer happy. There is no charge to use a photograph but I want to know where it will appear and for how long.
- I prefer that you post a link on your site to our site, either to a specific photograph or a specific article. This will help tremendously with page rank on Google and get us noticed more broadly.
- Hit the donate button if you like what you see and read here. The site is free for everyone to use but it's not free to maintain and keep on the web.
- Comments are not enabled and will never be. Email me with comments and criticisms. Eventually there will be a section where the best or most significant ones will be posted, but it won't be right away.